Wild garlic has a short season – normally for a few months from the end of March. You can buy it in markets or you can also forage it. Wild garlic has tiny white flowers and bright green leaves and is commonplace in woods and forests. The leaves have a distinctive and subtle garlic flavour. Garlic is widely known for its antibacterial, antibiotic and possible antiviral properties. It is also anti-inflammatory and has many phytochemicals.
|Prep Time||5 mins|
|Cook Time||10 mins|
- bunch wild garlic
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 2 tsp Vegetable stock
- 250 ml Water
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil and fry the onion.
- Then add the coconut milk and water together with the stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer.
- Add the wild garlic leaves and cook for 5-10 minutes until the leaves are wilted.
- Puree the soup with a blender and then season. Serve,
Leave a Reply