This is a delicious vegan, gluten-free, low sugar dessert. It’s really delicious. You can make your own raspberry juice or buy some from the supermarket which is just made from raspberries and is sugar and additive free. You do not need to use a lot of agar to make the jelly – it is amazing stuff! I’ve then added some vegan custard, which again you can shop buy if you do not have time to make – then topped with creamy natural coconut yogurt and fresh organic raspberries – it goes down a treat in my house!
|Prep Time||15 Mins|
|Cook Time||15 Mins|
- 600 ml Raspberry juice Make your own or buy sugar free raspberry juice
- 1 Level tsp agar agar powder
- 300 g Fresh raspberries – for the raspberry juice
- 2 tbsp Xylitol
- 500 ml Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrip
- 1/8 tsp turmeric or vegan yellow food colouring
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 large tub natural coconut yugort
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Handful of fresh raspberries to garnish
- To make your own raspberry juice – place the3 fresh raspberries in a saucepan and add 600 ml of water. Bring to the boil and simmer until the raspberries have lost most of their colour.
- Pour the juice and raspberries through a sieve ans squeeze any extra juice from the raspberries.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of xylitol to the juice and stir until dissolved – taste to check sweetness and adjust according to taste. Let the juice cool.
- In a seperate cup mix the agar with a tablespoon of water until combined.
- Place the cooled juice back onto the heat and stir in the dissolved agar and stir frequently until it comes to the boil. Simmer for a few minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Pour the raspberry jelly into 4-6 separate dishes and place in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
- In the meantime prepare the vegan custard. Place the coconut milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Then simmer.
- In the meantime in a seperate bowl put the cornflour, maplesyrup, vanilla essence and turmeric (if using ) and mix with some extra cococnut milk to make a smooth paste.
- Pour the paste into the simmering milk and whisk vigourasly to blend. If the custard is not thick enough – mix another tablespoon of cornflour with some milk to make more paste and add to the custard to thicken. Set aside to cool.
- When the jelly is set, remove from the fridge and add a layer of cooled custard. Then add on top of that a layer of coconut yugort.
- Finally, place some frsh strawberries on top and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds over the top. Serve.
Leave a Reply