|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||25 mins|
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 60 mls apple cider vinegar
- 200 mls Water
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tbsp Freshly grated ginger
- 120 mls passata
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 60 mls Grade B maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Press the tofu on a clean tea towel to dry it as much as possible. Then cut it up into cubes.
- Mix the Chinese five spice and flour together in a bowl and then place the tofu into the bowl and toss so that it is covered in the dry mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the tofu. Cook on each side until crispy. this will take about 10 minutes. Season. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the arrowroot to a pan and then stir in the vinegar to ensure that no lumps form. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and blend well.
- Place over a medium heat and keep stirring until it becomes thick. Add more arrowroot if not thick enough (just mix up a teaspoon of arrowroot with some water and pour into the mix)Season. Remove from the heat.
- Place the tofu on a serving plate and drizzle over the sauce. Sprinkle over some sesame seeds. Leave the sauce on the side and let everyone drizzle extra sauce as required.
Leave a Reply