|Prep Time||35 mins|
|Cook Time||40 mins|
- 300 g firm tofu
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Spring onions finely chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic crushed
- 3 cm fresh ginger grated
- 150 g natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Ground turmeric
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- 60 ml tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp Xylitol
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, bashed
- Slice the tofu into 8 equal sized slices. In a bowl , mix the ground spices, garlic, tamari and oil together. Add the tofu and allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Then place the tofu on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic, chilli and ginger. Fry for about 5 mins. Then add the ground spices and cook for a further minute.
- Then add the coconut milk, tamari, xylitol, lemongrass, and simmer for 20 minutes until reduced by half. Stir in the peanut butter and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the lemongrass from the sauce and place in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a bowl mix all the salsa ingredients together.
- Serve the baked tofu on some brown rice, with the satay sauce and pineapple salsa.
Leave a Reply