It is much healthier to make Pad Thai at home rather than ordering a takeaway. This gluten-free pad thai is a healthier version of a classic takeaway dish. It is packed with veggies, tofu, and brown rice noodles. Tofu is a good source of protein and it is also an excellent source of iron, calcium, and selenium
|Prep Time||40-45 mins|
|Cook Time||10-15 mins|
- 1 Leek finely chopped
- 1 Red onion, finely sliced
- 300 g fried Tofu (firm)
- 1 tsp Fresh grated ginger
- 2 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g Bean sprouts
- 100 g Brown rice noodles
- 1 fresh red chilli sliced
- 1 lime quartered
- Handful Chopped Fresh Coriander
- 2 eggs whisked
- Prepare tofu – remove packaging, and then drain. You need to dry the tofu as much as possible, so place between kitchen towels and press down hard to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Cut into 1 inch squares and dust with cornflour
- Lightly fry in pan until golden and then set aside
- Cook rice noodles in pan of boiling water – follow instructions on packet
- Place all raw ingredients in wok with a splash of oil, and toss and stir for 3-5 mins
- Add whisked adds and drained cooked noodles, tossing ingredients quickly.
- Add sauce and stir – pour into plate and garnish with coriander, chillies and lime.
- Gently stir the vinegar, xylitol and tamari sauce in a pan until the sugar has dissolved
- Add remaining ingredients and srir. Set aside to cool.
Leave a Reply