This salad is full of protein and fibre – Tempeh is a great source of plant based protein as are the mixed beans. It also has good fats with the avocado dressing and olive oil. finally there are plenty of phytonutrients with all of the salad ingredients including spinach, coriander, tomatoes, red onion and corn.
|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||10 mins|
- 8 oz pack of tempeh
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Avocado peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Coriander
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 200 g Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tin Mixed beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 large handful of fresh coriander
- In a medium frying pan add the oil and cook the tempeh for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Then add the tamari, garlic powder, cumin, and chilli powder and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- For the dressing add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Arrange the spinach, tomatoes, beans, corn, coriander and tempeh in a large bowl and serve with the avocado dressing.
Leave a Reply