This is a vegan, low carb, gluten free dish that is packed with phytonutrients, antioxidants and protein. The tofu is crispy and delicious – I used a combination of red peppers, courgettes, mushrooms and red onion in the stir fry but you can add your favourite vegetables to the dish. The cauliflower rice is low carb – cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable which contains sulfuraphane
|Prep Time||30 mins|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2-3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 red Bell Pepper De-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 courgette cut into strips
- 8 mushrooms chopped into quarters
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium cauliflower shred into rice using a food processor – you don’t want it too fine and close to the texture of rice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Drain the tofu and roll on absorbent towel to remove as much moisture as possible. Then pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cut the tofu into small squares and place on a parchment lined oven proof dish. Brush with the olive oil and then place into the oven for 25 minutes or until dry and firm. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking together the peanut butter, remaining olive oil, 1 tbsp tamari, maple syrup and sriracha. Add the tofu to the sauce and stir until fully coated – set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan, add the oil, shredded cauliflower, tamari and garlic. Reduce the heat and place lid on the pan. Cook for about 5-8 mins until tender – check regularly and stir.
- In the meantime, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a wok – add the stir fry veggies and add a dash of tamari – stir fry for 5 minutes – then add the peanut tofu to warm through.
- Place cauliflower rice onto a serving dish and top with the veggies and tofu. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.
Leave a Reply