This is a raw, vegan, gluten free dessert which is as delicious as it looks. This dessert is made with cashew nuts, coconut oil, fresh raspberries and cacao butter – the base is made with nuts, dates and raw cacao powder. It is actually quite simple to make and you just leave it in the fridge for an hour or so before serving. this dessert is also full of antioxidants, fibre, protein, good fats, and is low in sugar.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 250 g Cashew nuts – soaked for at least 1 hour
- 75 g coconut oil melted
- 75 g cocao butter
- 75 g Xylitol
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 g Fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup Coconut milk
- In a food processor combine the nuts and raw cacao powder for the filling until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Then add the dates and coconut oil and process until the mixture starts to bind together.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 8 inch spring form cake tin and place in fridge to chill whilst making the filling.
- Place the berries in a blender. Then blend until smooth and set aside.
- Then in a blender place all the other ingredients for the filling except the berries. Blend until smooth. Add 3/4 of the berry mix and blend again.
- Pour over the base. Then pour over the remaining berry sauce and spread until smooth. Chill in the fridge until firm.
Leave a Reply