|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||30 mins|
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 600 g mushrooms – use a mixture
- 1 Clove garlic chopped
- 2 white onions quartered
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp tomatoe puree
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 125 ml Red wine
- 150 ml Vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 200 g can of mixed beans – optional
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan and cook onions for 5 minutes. then add the carrot and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, and tomato paste – cook for a further minute. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the corn flour and add to the pan and stir.
- Pour over the wine and stir well. Leave to simmer for a couple of minutes until the wine has reduced by half. Then add the stock and thyme and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes stirring regularly. Season.
- Add to the pan, together with the juices and simmer for a further 5 minutes. serve.
Leave a Reply