|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 400 g firm tofu wrap in kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible
- 3-4 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 400 g mixed vegetable choose from a selection of : Tenderstem broccoli, peppers, beansprouts, carrots, mangetout, mushrooms
- 3 Spring onions
- 1/2 Red chilli
- 300 g Brown rice noodles cooked according to instructions
Stir fry sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine or mirin
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 large handful chopped coriander
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Spring onions finely chopped
Stir fry sauce
- Heat the oven to 180C. Cut the tofu into long rectangles. Place the pieces of tofu in a bowl and sift over the cornflour and then season. Shake the pieces so that they get evenly coated.
- Oil an oven proof dish and then add the slices of tofu. Pour the olive oil evenly over the tofu and then sprinkle over the sesame seeds. Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes – turn half way through.
- Mix the sauce, adding all the ingredients together
- Remove the tofu from the oven and pour over half of the sauce and leave to stand.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok and add the vegetables and stir fry for 3-5 minutes. Add the cooked noodles – then add the sauce and thoroughly stir. Season to taste with extra tamari if required.
- Finally add the crispy tofu pieces and cook until heated through.
- To serve, sprinkle with chilli flakes, sesame seeds, chopped spring onions and chopped coriander.
Leave a Reply