The tempeh strips are marinated in a really tasty Chinese sauce and then tossed in corn starch and lightly fried to make them crispy. Then stir fry some red pepper, broccoli, onion, and garlic together with the remaining sauce and serve with quinoa – quick and simple and highly nutritious – packed with protein, fibre, and phytonutrients .
|Prep Time||20 mins|
|Cook Time||20 mins|
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp siracha
- 8 oz tempeh
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 1 small onion
- 4 Clove garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 150 g Quinoa cook according to instructions
- Slice the block of tempeh into thin strips and place them in a large mixing bowl
- In a small bowl mix the sauce ingredients
- Pour the sauce over the tempeh and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tempeh from the bowl and place in a separate clean bowl – reserve the sauce.
- Add the corn starch to the bowl with the tempeh and toss until coated – shaking off any excess.
- Add the oil to a wok and put on a medium heat. Add the strips of tempeh and let each side brown – about 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the peppers, onion, and garlic – toss and saute the vegetables for 4-5 minutes – reduce the heat.
- Pour in the marinade over the tempeh and veg – toss to coat. Simmer for a minute to thicken the sauce.
- serve immediately with quinoa.
Leave a Reply