Beets are INCREDIBLY nutritious…packed full of essential nutrients and vitamins such as potassium, magnesium, fiber, vitamins A, B & C and many more! Beetroot serves as a natural blood cleaner. It’s able to help the body detox and cleanse the blood of heavy metals, toxins and waste due to its compounds called glutathiones, which are essential for detoxification within the liver and other digestive organs. Additionally, the fiber content in beetroot helps to sweep the digestive tract of waste and toxins while restoring healthy and regular bowel movements
|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||60 mins|
- 800 g beetroot
- 3 onions
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 stick of celery
- 100 g Sweet potato
- 150 ml Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp fresh fennel
- large pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- kale to serve
- Sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Place beetroot in water and bring to the boil. Cook until tender. Then peel under running cold water and chop up roughly.
- Meanwhile chop the onions , fennel and celery. Heat the oil in a large pan and place these veg in to cook. Cook until the onions are soft and then add the garlic.
- Then chop the potato and add it to the onions, together with the beetroot and fennel. Add the stock and bring it to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes until the potato is soft.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cayenne pepper. Season and stir.
- Blend the soup to a smooth puree and return to the heat.
- Chop the kale into short thin slices and fry them in olive oil for a few minutes until the kale is tender but not quite soft.
- Pour the soup into bowls and place a little kale sitting in the centre on top of each.
Leave a Reply