This is a colourful, crisp and fresh salad, It is full of antioxidants and is anti-inflammatory. Some root vegetables are seen as particularly therapeutic detoxifying foods. Beets are particularly good because of their betaine content, which is an important nutrient for the methylation part of detoxification.
|Prep Time||30 mins|
|Cook Time||20 mins|
- 75 g Quinoa cooked and drained
- 1 large raw beet grated
- 50 g flaked almonds
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 4 Spring onions chopped
- 150 g spinach leaves
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp coriander chopped
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl apart from the spinach.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Pour most the vinaigrette onto the salad and lightly toss, leaving aside some for the spinach.
- Place spinach at the bottom of a large salad bowl and toss with remaining vinaigrette. Place the main beetroot salad on top of spinach and serve
Leave a Reply