Bananas are a good dietary source of potassium and magnesium, 2 nutrients that are essential for heart health. Bananas also contain plenty of resistant starch and pectin, which can help reduce appetite and keep you full for longer. Bananas are also a useful prebiotic food meaning they help support healthy gut flora and overall digestive health.
|Prep Time||10 Mins|
|Cook Time||25 Mins|
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 100 g gluten free oats
- 60 g ground flaxseed
- 125 g Almond nut butter
- 2 tbsp Xylitol
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 75 g Raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 20cm square tin.
- Place all the ingredients except the raisins into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Then mix in the raisins. Add some plant based milk if too dry.
- Place mixture into the prepared tin and smooth down until even.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Leave a Reply